Saturday, July 23, 2011

I survived

I have been wanting to write all week long, but its just been too hectic with going back to work and all. Its been one tough week going back and work and getting up with Boston in the night. I would get very little sleep each night which made functioning very difficult. But its amazing what a couple extra hours, sleeping in until 9 on the weekend, can do to make you feel human again.
Boston spent his first week with his daddy during the day while I worked. Peter may have been a bit nervous but he did an AMAZING job. The first day I came home from work expecting to rush in and have the baby waiting for me, but it was not the case. He was sound asleep in bed and Peter was in the kitchen making dinner. It was a site for sore eyes. It was rather nice to enjoy each other company and eat dinner without having to take turns eating, which we have to do a lot.
Boston is now 2 months old today. I cannot believe how time has gone so slow on one hand, and then just flown by on the other. I wish there was a way I could halt time and just keep him small. But I am sure I will enjoy all the other stages in life he has yet to reach. He is cooing a lot these days. Its so cute when hes in a good mood and will just sit there and chatter away. I wish I could have more moments like that. He does still have reflux, constipation and colic so he has a lot of moments where he just cries and cries. Its sad to see, but my pediatrician says that he will grow out of it and since he is eating well and gaining weight that he isn't worried. He isn't the best sleeper, not even for naps, so I am hoping that is a skill he will pick up soon.
Despite the lack of sleep and the crying I am still loving every minute of every day that I am with him. He brings so much joy to my life, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am looking forward to more fun times in store.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you guys and your little blessing :)

    ReplyDelete